Boutique Dancesport competition & show (Smooth Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Social/Club). Day sessions include all levels and ages of competitions (different styles different days). Event runs Saturday D & Sunday D/E – we are attending Sunday. Sunday day session competing: Kirsty, Noelle, Kawika, and Benny. Sunday Evening includes Gala Dinner Dance (social dancing), awards, Professional Smooth Duel. Crew likes to take everyone out to a lounge after.
Encore – Ballrooms 4-8 (men’s changing room Ballroom 1 / lady’s changing room Ballroom 3)
Attending competing: Natasha, Andrew, Benny, Kawika, Kirsty, Noelle.
Attending spectators: Dawn, Devon, Jonathan, Mark.
Schedule: Very long day Sunday (8:30a until after midnight)! Schedule of dances will be given to us Saturday.
- Carpool to airport TBA
- Fly Saturday, Return Monday
- Uber rides to & from airport and around town
Room 1: Benny, Kawika, Jonathan, Mark
Room 2: Dawn & Natasha
Treasure Island: Kirsty & Devon
How to get your tickets
Coaches will have them for you.
Photo & Video
Photography Tony Eng (request photos)
No videographer (can take video but need to ask about pass & be respectful of other dancers)
Hair & Makeup
Check out online makeup tips and hair and face decorative jewelry and add-on’s in the “files/documents” section of the Students Facebook group page. Be sure to create your own kit of make-up and brushes. Local salons don’t always know competition makeup or hair styles.
Be ready to dance an hour before your approximate scheduled dance time. Be warmed up and ready to dance a half hour before approximate scheduled dance time.
Click here for more on Competition/Performance Grooming
Click here for more on attending competitions
Saturday, July 10
- 12p – 2:30p Alaska Airlines flight
- Uber to Hotel
- 5p Dinner at “Cuba Cafe”
- 8:30p 27 Show
Natasha, Andrew, Benny, Kawika, Jonathan, Dawn, Kirsty, Devon, Noelle
Sunday, July 11
Saturday daytime team – Benny, Kawika, Kirsty, Noelle
Attendees – Dawn, Devon
Spectators – Jonathan, Mark, Benny family
- Breakfast on your own
- Uber to event hotel, “Encore” at Wynn
- Warm-up 8:30a, Event begins 9:30a
- 1:30p Lunch at event
- 2:30-6:30p Event continues
- Back to hotel to change (have fun getting dressy – cocktail attire to gowns & suits!
- 7:30p Competitors Reception / 8p Gala Dinner Dance
- 9:00p Awards
- 9:30p Professional Smooth Duel
- 10:30p Last Waltz
- Lounge afterwards (dance some more!)
Monday, July 12
- 10a-12p TopGolf option (hang out in booth &/or play – $15-25 pp, food & other entertainment separate)
- Wreck Room ($95 for half hour) – Andrew, Natasha, Jonathan, Kawika
- Afternoon “Area 15” experience
- 5p “Blue Man Group” – Mark & Kawika
- 8:30-11p Fly back