As with when we began resuming in-person lessons July 2020, we continue to limit class sizes and conduct them both outdoors and indoors in our Rumba Room (medium size room featuring air purifier & cleaner). A reminder, #PandemicPositive, the pandemic allowed us to find the toxic mold in our original location of over 12 years that had been plaguing our Master Coach’s health. Due to this we had to move into a temporary location in downtown Tacoma starting July 2020 to current.
- Group Classes: Register ahead online to ensure your spot in a group class before all spaces are filled (this has happened), to help us balance leads & follows if you are attending without a partner, and to receive more detailed instructions on class location.
- For Getting Started, Private Coaching, and Wedding/Special Event lessons, we do book up quickly so be sure to follow instructions for the lesson you are seaking and request a time in our online booking system ahead.
- Events: We are currently giving practice opportunity after classes for those attending as well as boutique practica on Fridays (register ahead online). Since 2020, we have dedicated ourselves to outdoor dances and organizing dance opportunities to help other venues and musicians get back on their feet first before we find an appropriate space for the size of dances we held pre-pandemic.
- Travel: As of 2021, we have resumed our competition and dancing-around-the-world trips we enjoy taking you on!
Busy helping everyone’s sanity with dancing, classes, social interactions, breaking bread together, attending live music, and dancing around the world!
Virus time options
Help us continue helping you!
April 2020 – We are at a loss for words from the outpouring of love! We live to help people, contribute, and give back to our community and are right now overwhelmed with gratitude receiving encouraging messages from people wanting to help back in appreciation during this pandemic. It has genuinely touched our hearts and left us speechless. On top of the challenge of waiting until we are allowed to conduct all parts of our business (different aspects fall into different stages of the state’s re-opening plan – lessons for all ages (mostly adults & families), socializing opportunities & get-togethers, dinner tours, live music, travel, personal growth, events, indoor market for local artists, supporting other artists & venues, movies, community events, and much more), while we were using this time to deep clean, we found health challenging issues in our building. We simply, without question or doubt in our minds, cannot subject or risk anyone’s health to these issues so we are forced to raise funds to relocate Studio 6 – during a pandemic while income is little to zero – in order to continue serving our community as we have and in as healthy a way as we can. We have had the privilege of effecting & changing so many lives and we look forward to continuing to do that and stay true to the motto client’s gave us, “Changing lives one dance at a time”! To help in the interim, we have online video classes, our back-up studio, and other venues to use…we look forward to seeing you soon at some of the fun summer events we have planned!
Note: We moved to help ensure the health of our clients & staff. The owner of our previous venue was uninterested in updating his building to virus standards.
Bellow are some options in response to the beautiful requests to help that we have received. Without you, we could not continue growing the dance scene in Tacoma. Thank you for being part of the team! With much love, appreciation, and hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy. – Natasha, Wes, and the fur-boys
- Purchase any size online from the comfort of your home!
- Fabulous physical & mental health gift to give in appreciation of your favorite essential workers to help them heal mentally & physically, loved ones, or for yourself to use…while helping your local small businesses & their families survive!
- Click here for ideas and to purchase. Can be purchased through a Mindbody account (helps you keep record of it) or as a guest with no account creation needed.
- We have had many wonderful people who have expressed an interest in donating in appreciation of their dance home and coaches to help ensure the doors re-open when we get through this tough time.
- Any amount of your choosing can be made through your Mindbody dance account following this link. To customize your amount, choose a base amount, click “add to cart,” then add a quantity on the next page.
- We cannot put into words how much we appreciate your belief in our mission and dedication to our community. Thank you for being part of the team!
- Your Mindbody Dance Account allows you to deposit whatever amount you would like to to use for future lessons or events…without even having to choose which ones right now! Click here for this option.
- Studio 6 is currently closed due to social distancing but you can still join a Dancercise (Dance-Workout/Dance-Time/Check-in-Time), Learn a fun New Move, Q&A, or Master Coach Workshop! These are live feed interactive online lessons formatted for no-partner-needed. It is extremely important during this time to do all you can to stay healthy – keep your blood circulating, your lungs in good shape, and your muscles active. We’re excited for this opportunity to hit subjects that often get missed in the normally packed schedule! Coach has a goal for you to make a leap forward in your dancing this month! Are you ready to team up on that?!
- Click here for schedule & online sign-up for various dance styles, dance moves, and fun challenge sets!
- Click here for Master Coach Workshop information & registration. Use these to build a solid foundation in your dancing! Lots of impactful technique drills to make a real leap forward in your dancing!
- Register online for individual workshops of your choosing or purchase the month pass for access to all of the classes & videos (helpful if you can’t make the scheduled time!) – helping yourself, your coaches, and your dance home & dance village at the same time! Note: The individual rate is Corona discounted from the normal Master Coach Workshop rate (reg $25+) and the month pass is more than a $600 value. Month pass Corona special is $199/person or $265/person with 1 private coaching credit. The private coaching credit will remain in your dance account until you decide to use it. Our regular price for the monthly membership with 1 private credit – for regular classes – not specialty workshops like these – is $299.
- More options: Email or text (253) 905-5301 us requests for particular subjects, or dance styles, or if you have a group of friends or family who would like to get together online to dance! Need some smiles and laughs? This is a fabulous option! We can focus on fun silly moves that are guaranteed to get you all laughing together or a dress-up opportunity like take you back to disco with the Electric Slide!
- We normally do this with our students around the world! Great way to get some technical critiques and recommendations to keep your dancing in forward motion!
- A chance to laugh or dress up! If you have a group of friends or family who would like to get together online to dance, this is a fabulous oppotunity to break out of your pj’s! We can focus on fun silly moves that are guaranteed to get you all laughing together or a dress-up opportunity like take you back to disco with the Electric Slide or romantic date night!
- Request a booking with our Master Coach by emailing info@Studio6Ballroom.com (add “Coaching” in subject line) or texting (253) 905-5301